Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Future Up in the Air...

I took the day off from work today to take my wife to the doctor after finding out last week that she was pregnant again.  This was supposed to be a good day.  Then I got a call from my employee @ work and she asked if I had checked my e-mail this morning.  I actually had just done so in the last 15 minutes to make sure all was well while I was away from work.  She proceeded to tell me that the company had sold off certain locations to a competitor...and one of those locations was the one I manage.

I won't bore you with all of the details, but I work for a self storage company.  Exciting work, eh?  I've been doing this for the past 3 1/2 years after getting out of the crazy mortgage business and have enjoyed just about every minute of it.  Now I'm faced with the uncertainty of my future all while being the sole bread winner for my family (wife and 14 mo. old daughter) all while trying to figure out a way to pay the upcoming doctor bills associated w/ my wife's pregnancy.

I bring all this up to say that if my posts are a little farther in between each other you'll know why.  Until I know more about what my company is doing and how it impacts my family and myself the blog and my various hobbies will take a backseat.  Any pending trades will still happen, I just don't know how much buying and blogging I'll be doing for the next little bit.

Boy, when it rains it really pours.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, good luck with everything dude, sounds like intense times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang tough my man. Something will soon break in your favor, things have a way of working out for the better in situations like this. Stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaaattttt?! Dude, hopefully it'll all pull through. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're thinking of you. I'm confident it'll all work out for the best. It usually does. The uncertainty is the worst part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, fight the good fight, Colbey. I got a prayer with your family's name on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude,

    You'll be fine! I'm in year two of being a solo consultant and I have pangs of doubt, but then I have great validation. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it all works out for you, best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colbey...best of luck with the job situation and the family. Take care of those priorities first...and rest assured that we'll be here if and when you get back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colbey- My prayers are with you at this time. I understand where you are coming from. I am also in a state of transition right now, but I know the Lord will see my wife and I through it as well seeing you and your family through this time. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have my thoughts as well Colbey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just hang in there dude, a wise person once told me that in order to see a rainbow you gotta stand a little rain... This is your rain period homie things always work them selfs out for the best.

    ReplyDelete