Thursday, October 3, 2013

NLDS, Braves & new cards = Euphoria!

So tonight I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat, hoping and praying the Braves offense will come alive and manufacture some runs tonight against Clayton Kershaw and the Los Angeles Dodgers.  I feel good about the series, but that doesn't mean I'm not worried.

While I wait for the game tonight, I thought I'd share a random lot of Braves cards I picked up on the cheap side.  It's been awhile since I got anything new, so I gotta say it was really fun opening up this little bubble mailer.


Look at that baby face!  And to think Chipper actually picked the Nationals to win the division at the beginning of the season!


Half way through the 2013 baseball season I kinda gave up building the base set, so I didn't buy much of Series 2.  That said I was happy to see this  "The Greats" card in the lot.


I still love the annual Allen & Ginter release and these framed mini relics look really good this year.  Glad to see Heyward back in the line up...at leading off at that!



Gotta be my favorite card of the lot.  #d 33/35 with a huge red jersey swatch, love it!


What a better way to end the "slideshow" than with a awesome painted card from 2013 Museum of John Smoltz?

If I have time, I'll probably tune in to the Pirates/Cardinals game this afternoon as well and cheer on the Bucs.  While it may not feel (temperature wise) like October around here, I sure am glad my team is still playing.  #FeartheChop #Choptober

No comments:

Post a Comment