Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Pack Break: 2019 Topps Bowman

(this post was originally assembled in late April while I was traveling for work...and I'm just now getting around to posting it.)

While the masses seem to be hitting every Target from the east coast to the west coast in search of the Bowman Mega Boxes, I was happy to pick up a few retail packs earlier on. It's not that I don't like the look of Bowman, but I'm that much into "prospecting". Over the years I've turned into a set builder and find my joy putting my time and energy into sets that I plan to build. Yes, it's fun buying a pack of Bowman and hoping I'll hit a card or auto of that hot prospect, but I don't really sale cards so that card will go in a box, I'll forget about it and by the time I've re-discovered it they turned out to the be the next Todd Van Poppel.

I may cave and buy a Mega Box just to see what the fuss is all about, but for now I'm happy just sharing the contents from a rack pack I picked up at Walmart a few weeks ago.


The design of 2019 Bowman didn't wow me when I first laid eyes on it, but it's grown on me with each subsequent pack I've opened. I was happy to see the young Braves hurler Kyle Wright early in the first pack.


The first pack ended with more players that I was unfamiliar with, including the Chrome cards.


Pack two yielded a few cards that would go into various collections of mine, including another young Braves player I anxiously await to be called up in Cristian Pache.


As I was thumbing through the pack I could see a shiny green card. I immediately got a little excited...then I got to the card and had to do a Google search on the player. Well at least it's numbered 99/99. Still looking to find a trading partner for this card.


This Justus Sheffield card may have been in pack 1, I can't remember, but I like the overall design.


The draw of the retail rack packs is the inclusion of a 5 card pack of Camo parallels. They don't look camouflage at all to me and I don't plan on keeping any of these.

Like with most of my Pack Break posts, most of the cards you see are available so if you're interested, please drop me a line and we'll work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment