Thursday, October 29, 2020

Group Break Results - 2002 Fleer Platinum

Last weekend we ripped a hobby box of 2002 Fleer Platinum as part of our Affordable Group Breaks. This set is a throwback to 1987 Fleer, which I've always liked despite me not even collecting cards at that time. I had opened a box of this product years back and thought it was a fun set so when I ran across a box at a decent price I just had to pull the trigger.

The Platinum parallel odds were listed, but serially numbered to just 202 I felt we got lucky to pull one. Troy Glaus may not carry the "hobby weight" that other players do/did, but it's a solid parallel none the less.

The Wheelhouse inserts were the easiest of all the seeded cards at 1:12. These feature an embossed image of both the player and the cogs in the background.


The hobby version of Cornerstones are serially numbered to 2000. There are also game-used versions of these cards, but they are a much tougher pull.


The one promised memorabilia card ended up being this Raul Mondesi Clubhouse Collection. I've always thought this particular memorabilia set to feature a nice design and checklist. I've often been tempted to at least try and build the single memorabilia set as it offers a mixture of jersey and bat samples. The dual memorabilia cards are that much nicer as it mixes in both bases and baseball pieces.

We also had a nice large stack of base cards for each team so no one went home empty handed. Thanks again to everyone that participated. See everyone in the next break!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how many Todd Helton jerseys have been sacrificed over the years in the name of baseball cards.

    ReplyDelete