Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June's Affordable Group Break Now Open!

I know I just wrapped up May's group break, but my wife is due to deliver our 2nd daughter later in June so I wanted to get an early jump on this month's action.  This is probably the last break I'll be hosting at least until August.  I'm sure there are plenty of other bloggers out there ready to step in while I take a short break.  This month we're busting 3 boxes of ALL CHROME cards with possible bonuses depending on how successful the sign ups are.  A 4th bonus box will be thrown in if all the teams are claimed.  Additional packs or a blaster may be added as well.  The faster the teams fill up the faster I can place the order for the boxes.  DEADLINE FOR SIGN UPS WILL BE TUESDAY EVENING, JUNE 7th.


If you follow me on Twitter (@flywheels) you'll get the low down on future group break announcements as well as a chance to claim your favorite team(s) before the sign ups hit the blog!


First box will be 1998 Topps Chrome Series 1.  This hobby box contains 24 packs, 4 cards per pack.  Inserts include Refractors, Flashbacks, Baby Boomers and Hall Bound.


Next up is 1999 Topps Chrome Series 2.  The hobby box contains 24 packs, 4 cards per pack.  Inserts include Refractors (1:12), All-Etch (1:6), Fortune 15 (1:12) and Record Numbers (1:36).



The third and final box (?) will be 2000 Topps Stadium Club Chrome.  Hobby box contains 24 packs, 5 cards per pack.  Inserts include Refractors (1:12), 1st Day Issue parallel #d (1:33), 1st Day Issue Refractor (1:131), True Colors (1:32), True Colors Refractor (1:160), Visionaries (1:18), Visionaries Refractor (1:90), Capture the Action (1:18), Capture the Action Refractor (1:90), Eyes of the Game (1:16), Eyes of the Game Refractor (1:80), Clear Shot (1:24) and Clear Shot die-cut Refractor (1:120).

  Just like last month if the whole break fills up I'll throw in a bonus box:


Photobucket

1999 Pacific Private Stock.  This hobby box contains 24 packs.  Inserts include Vintage Series (#d to 99), Platinum Series (#d to 199), Exclusive Series (#d to 299), Preferred Series (#d to 399), Home Run History (2:25), PS206 mini (1:1) and PS-206 parallel (1:25).

I originally bought this box for myself since I'm trying to build the base set.  I thought though that others may be interested since each pack contains a PS-206 mini card!  These are the same size as the minis that Topps has been using in Allen & Ginter, 206 and Gypsy Queen.

To sign up please leave a comment to claim your team or teams.  Please submit your payment upon signing up.  The sooner people sign up & pay the sooner I can order the boxes.  Prices per team include shippingPayments can be sent via PayPal to cardboardcollections at yahoo.com  * Please note this is a new e-mail address than I have used in the past.  Please make sure to mark your payment as a GIFT and include your shipping address in the notes along with the team(s) you are claiming.

THE TEAMS FROM THIS LIST ARE $8.00 for the 1st team, $6.00 for each additional team
Atlanta Braves - Colbey (paid) 
Baltimore Orioles - Tomahawk Chopping (paid)
Boston Red Sox - Adam E / Thoughts and Sox (paid)
Chicago Cubs - Matt Pederson (via Twitter, paid)
Cincinnati Reds -
Cleveland Indians - Jason / One Out Away (paid)
Colorado Rockies - hiflew / Cards from the Quarry (paid)
Detroit Tigers - 
Houston Astros - DailyDimwit (via Twitter, paid)
Los Angeles Dodgers - nightowl (via Twitter, paid)
Milwaukee Brewers - cynicalbuddha / Collector's Crack (paid)
Minnesota Twins - 
New York Mets - BA Benny (via Twitter, paid)
New York Yankees - BA Benny (via Twitter, paid)
Philadelphia Phillies - DailyDimwit (via Twitter, paid)
San Francisco Giants - 
Seattle Mariners - Tomahawk Chopping (paid)
St. Louis Cardinals - Ike's Cards (paid)
Texas Rangers - Play at the Plate (mailed)


THE FOLLOWING TEAMS ARE $4.00 (no other discounts apply)
Anaheim Angels - jaybarkerfan (paid)
Arizona Diamondbacks - 
Chicago White Sox - jaybarkerfan (paid)
Florida Marlins - 
Kansas City Royals - Josh (paid)
Montreal Expos - Scott Crawford (via Twitter, paid)
Oakland Athletics - Colbey (paid)
Pittsburgh Pirates - dogfacedgremlin (paid)
San Diego Padres - Colbey (paid)
Tampa Bay Rays - hiflew / Cards from the Quarry (paid)
Toronto Blue Jays - Things Are Funner Here (paid)

15 comments:

  1. Ikes Cards in for the Cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indians please - payment on the way. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take Baltimore and Seattle - payment to follow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red Sox for me. $ coming shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should...I should...I should...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry this my first purchase. How much does shipping cost?

    ReplyDelete
  7. &mmmrhubarb - you know you want to! I promise to pull some Twins for you!

    @vio789 - Prices per team include shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take the Pirates again I suppose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Royals, please. Gotta keep all those KC cards coming my way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any idea when the group break will happen and results will be posted? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's getting ready to start! UPS should have delivered the boxes @ my house today. Stay tuned this evening (I hope) for the first box!

    ReplyDelete