Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Twitter to the rescue!

I've only recently (past month) started to really use Twitter.  I still don't understand it completely, but I've found it handy many many times.  I posted a week or so ago about trouble I was having w/ Topps with a redemption card I got out of a past group break.  It was for a 2010 Topps Chrome Brandon Hicks autographed rookie refractor.  I redeemed the card November last year and well, forgot about it.  Later when I logged into my account to check the status of it I saw the card had been replaced w/ some Finest basketball card?!  My account stayed this way for several weeks before reverting back to the proper card.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I checked my account again (after forgetting about the card yet again) and I saw that it had been shipped in February.  It listed a tracking # as well so I copied and pasted it into USPS' website.  It said the card was delivered in December 2010 in Bridgeport, NJ.  Ok, now I was majorly confused.

I called the 1-800 number on several occasions, but never could get through to a live person.  I left messages as requested and no reply.  So I hit up Twitter and the Topps Support account.  I sent them a message and got the common response of "Please contact 1-800-489-9149".  So today I sent them another tweet letting them know that I've gotten ZERO response back.  Shortly thereafter I got a direct message asking me what the problem was.  After a few more exchanges I was told the card would be replaced and I should have it within 2 weeks.  I'm holding my joy in check until I hold the card in hand, but it appears Twitter did what the phone number couldn't.

1 comment:

  1. It shows that when the problem is made public things are handled quickly to save face.

    ReplyDelete