Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Long overdue...

I could blame the lateness of this post on my having to move my "man cave" and toy room, but in reality madding of Cards on Cards sent me a box of cards long before I undertook the task of consolidating and moving my stuff.  I usually send him Cardinals and the occasional card of Daryl Kile and he usually sends me random Braves cards. 

This box however had something different.  It was full of old Charlotte Hornets cards.  I don't do a whole lot with basketball these days, but I do enjoy picking up cards of the Hornets.  I was born in Charlotte and the Hornets were a huge deal when the city was awarded the NBA team.  I got to go a good many of games at "the Hive" growing up.  Muggsy Bogues, Dell Curry, Kendall Gill, Rex Chapman, Kelly Tripuka, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning...they were all local heroes. 

When I stopped collecting in the mid-90's I must've given away a lot of the Hornets cards that I had so I was thrilled to see old cards of Fleer, Hoops, Skybox and more.  A lot of the cards were of the early years, but there was a good smaller selection of other cards.  Thank you so much and I'm sorry it took several months to get the thank you out there!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the black and gold Skybox cards were not my favorite. The following year was much better...all white with brightly colored "shapes" in the background.

    The older Fleer cards did have a certain charm to them.

    ReplyDelete