Thursday, June 17, 2010

In the mail 6/17/10

Today brought me my latest eBay find, 2009 Topps Tribute #88 Lance Berkman relic blue parallel (21/75). You just have to love finding those auctions with the 'Make An Offer' option. I have no idea what this card is "worth" according to Beckett (nor do I care), but I made an offer of $4.00 I believe and the seller accepted! His asking price was $12.00. This is my first '09 Tribute card and boy is it a beauty. This blue parallel version very much reminds me of a Refractor. The thing that stood out the most about the card once I held it is the actual jersey piece. Yeah the jersey is from a home jersey and Lance is pictured in his road jersey, but can you tell from the scan what stands out on the jersey piece? Is it the black pin stripe? Nope. Just to the left of the pin stripe you can see a faint line of stitching. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall seeing anything like this before. I don't know, I guess this just gives the jersey more charisma so to speak. Anyway, another fine addition to the Lance Berkman collection! Ok, now that I've bored you to death - on to the picture!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment