Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Trades with Crinkly Wrappers, the Call of Cardboard & Scott Fendley

Early last week when I was putting the last of my group break packages together to mail out I received 3 rather large packages from Crinkly Wrappers, the Call of Cardboard and blog reader Scott Fendley.  With some much goodness inside each box it's taken me a little time to sort through and scan the cards, but I wanted to share what each of these awesome guys sent me.

We'll start with Ted @ Crinkly Wrappers.  We have gone back and forth sending each other stuff.  I recently sent him some Blue Jays and Nationals along with a few Topps WWE relics and in return he sent me a big ol stack of Braves along with some Garbage Pail Kids Flashback cards & 2010 WWE cards I needed to complete my sets.  I'm still missing a few cards from each set, but the want list is a lot smaller now.  Ted also sent me a card that I thought was very cool, especially since I just finished at the time helping my brother list a lot of vintage baseball cards on eBay for his boss.  Take a look:

Photobucket
I've seen various posts on his blog of vintage cards he's picked up at local shows and stuff and I've always thought they were cool, but I've never gone after anything older than mid to late 70's before.  I'm not sure what year this is, but it's very cool and I really appreciate the card.

Chris @ the Call of Cardboard recently participated in my October group break for the first time.  We e-mailed back and forth about a few things.  He ended up sending me a nice stack of Braves cards as well which 99.9% of them I didn't have.  I keep saying I'm going to post my master Braves collection on my blog, but at this rate I simply don't have the time.  I'm doing good just to catalog the cards I'm buying!

One day a few weeks ago I received a message from reader Scott Fendley stating he had a lot of Braves to send me and he wanted my mailing address.  A week or so later I got a medium sized box in mail chocked full of surprises.  The first thing in the box was a generous pile of cards for my new side collection of pitchers depicted batting.  I haven't posted them yet, but they will soon be found here.  He also sent me a nice stack of Braves players along w/ some cards of Josh Hamilton and others.  The Braves cards were of current and former players with some of them being refractors, serially numbered inserts and even a few Chipper Jones jersey cards.  Here are  few of my favorites:

Photobucket 
Photobucket

Photobucket           
         Photobucket

To be completely honest I'm blown away by the generosity of everyone...and not just these guys.  Ever since I started this blog in February I've been amazed by so many people.  I really appreciate the effort put into these packages and I hope I can return the favor soon.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked 'em. I thought you'd appreciate the Hanson, but I didn't expect the Ron Gant card to make an appearance!

    It's also good that the black chrome Matt Diaz Heritage found a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always glad to find a new trade partner, and a new box break to take part in. Post that master list and we will be in touch again.

    Found a few Tim Salmons, too.

    ReplyDelete