Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pack Break - 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes

Panini's baseball efforts have been hit and miss for me, but anytime I see a new product of theirs on the shelf I'm always curious to see how the cards look.  Enter in Hometown Heroes.  I grabbed one pack from my local Target to see what the fuss was all about and I gotta say Panini has done a good job here.


8 cards for $2.99.  300 card set w/ parallels that are aptly named State and Zip Code.  Lots of different inserts and a chance at on-card signatures.  Sure, why not?



Hope you like yellow because these cards feature a lot of it!  Printed on brown card stock, the yellow and red looks good together.  I like the pennant used for the team name.  This design envokes a certain Upper Deck set.  For an unlicensed set of baseball cards these look nice.  In fact it's stuff like this that makes me wish Topps didn't have the full license monopoly.

Cal is a keeper for me, but the rest I need to find a good home for.  Any takers?

3 comments:

  1. I would not turn down that Utley...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I do kinda owe you! I'll set it aside for you.

      Delete
  2. I'm mixed on this set. The design is pretty cool, the zip codes and states parallels are OK I guess but some of the inserts/sub-sets rub me the wrong way, both in their theme and their looks. Hmm Keeping the Cal huh? You still have the Harper and Frank Robinson?

    ReplyDelete