Wednesday, July 6, 2016

2016 Topps Now: Julio Teheran #163 (291 print run)

Wow, with the season the Atlanta Braves are having who would've thought they would already have their 2nd player represented in 2016 Topps Now? This Braves fan didn't think it would happen! I felt it appropriate to share this card today since it was announced last night that Julio Teheran would be chosen for the 2016 All-Star game this weekend. While his W-L record may not be the best, he's had a low ERA for most of the season. The problem for Teheran and other Braves pitchers is the lack of run support. This team just can't score runs on a consistent basis and that is hurting the chances of so many of their pitchers.


However on June 19th, Father's Day and my 39th birthday, Julio pitched a fantastic game against the Mets. He went the stretch for the complete game and limited the Mets to just one hit in a shut out. All this on a road game too.


I'm really enjoying this new program by Topps and I've already got my 3rd Braves Topps Now card (another Freddie Freemen), but I am bummed I forgot to check over the 4th weekend to grab the card of the Braves/Marlins game played at Fort Bragg...even if the actual performance of the Braves in that game was lackluster. If anyone bought multiples of that card and can hook me up please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment