Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Pack Break: 2018 Topps Garbage Pail Kids: Oh, the Horror-ible!


Topps has rolled out yet another themed Garbage Pail Kids release and it's just in time for Halloween! When I first saw these at my local Target I decided (at that time) to skip this release, however I ended up caving and buying a rack pack just for kicks and now I'm kicking myself for not buying more. The stock seems to have dried up locally so at this point, this is one of two packs I have. Like in past years, the set is comprised of different themes including: Classic Film Monster, Classic Monsters, '80's Sci-Fi, '80's Horror, Folklore Monster, Modern Horror, Modern Sci-Fi, Retro Horror and Retro Sci-Fi. There are colored parallels again including purple parallels exclusive to rack packs.


These are displayed in no particular order as I'm just sharing some of my favorite cards from the pack. The Reflection Les is one of my favorites.


Lepre Shaun hails from the Modern Horror subset. The Frank N. Stein art may look familiar and it should as this is from the Classic Monsters subset.


Both of these hail from the 80's Horror subset. Sorry for the blurry Frye Day picture.



The pack doesn't give odds for the non-serially numbered parallels, but the purple parallels appear to be exclusive to retail rack packs. I'd rather have just had the regular version of this awesome Puppet Mas-Sterling card as I'd love to build this whole set. Perhaps the card vendor will restock soon and I can gobble up a few more packs before I have to resort to buying singles or trading.

Happy Halloween everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Lepre Shaun is my favorite from this pack. I'll never get tired of GPK cards. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fun. It may just be me but I'm not a fan of the new numbering/sub-set system Topps has been using on these GPK sets. Maybe I'm just getting old. Get off my lawn!!!

    ReplyDelete