Sunday, April 7, 2019

2019 Topps WWE Road to Wrestlemania - The Complete Set

The biggest day for professional wrestling is finally among us, Wrestlemania 35 kicks off later tonight and should be an entertaining event as the company usually pulls out all the stops. Leading up to the big event Topps has been chronicling the previous year leading up to Wrestlemania, hence the name of the set.

2019 marked the first year where I grabbed a hobby box instead of trying to piece together the set with retail packs. I'm glad I did because my box yield me a complete base set and all but 2 of the Wrestlemania insert set. Earlier this week I collated the set, grabbed some pages and a small binder and went to town.

I wasn't sure if I was going to page the set, but the Road to Wrestlemania set isn't like other wrestling sets. This is a set that's fun to go back and look at, especially if you're a wrestling fan like myself that tune in each week to the weekly programs. Then I thought why not share the set here on the blog for others that may be interested, but not enough to purchase a pack. Keep in mind you can click on the images for a larger view.













The base set is only 100 cards so the final card, "Woken" Matt Hardy got a page all to his lonesome self. I hate that and I really wish Topps would've made this set 99 cards or 108 cards so it would've fit evenly in the 9 pocket pages.







I only need #30 and #39 to complete the 45 card Wrestlemania set. This is an insert set that had I not bought the hobby box and got 43 of the cards, I probably wouldn't have pursued it as the posed shots just seem odd in a set where the rest of the cards chronicled previous events.

I'm ready to sink into my couch with something cold to drink and something to eat and enjoy the marathon coverage of Wrestlemania this evening. This set has been a lot of fun, especially over the course of this week, reliving past events.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats. Nice way to get readyfor tonight. And every card set should fit perfectly into 9 card pages. Fail. Fun stuff and post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun set to put together. Enjoy the even tonight. Happy wrestling everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have the two cards you need. I bought a fair amount of this product this year because I like the autograph design and I kept pulling decent relic hits. My email address is in my blogger profile. Send me your address if you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'll send you an email later this evening.

      Delete