Thursday, December 23, 2010

Explosive Cheese?!

While finishing up our Christmas shopping the other day I noticed a blaster box of the new Bowman Platinum on the shelf @ Walmart so I grabbed it.  This of course was before I got my salary reducing letter the other day.  Anyhow - with Heyward on the front it was hard to resist trying the new product out so off it went into the shopping cart.  Upon getting home and opening up the packs I ran across this card particular card of Brett Mooneyham of the collegiate national team.

Photobucket

Not knowing anything about the player I quickly scanned the back of his card.  About half way through the card's paragraph I read the following sentence - " With his big, durable frame and explosive cheese, Brett appears headed that way himself... ".

Photobucket

The reference is to his father who was a draft pick in 1980.  For the love of baseball though will someone please tell me what explosive cheese means!!  I have to admit that I laughed out loud after reading the back of this card and then I read it to my wife to ask her what she thought it meant.  Like me she was clueless too...that is why I'm coming you - the fellow collector and baseball fan.  Please comment and share your opinion on what you think Topps meant by the phrase explosive cheese.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a little scared to think about what it means. I'll be careful the next time I eat cheese pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping it means a 95+ fastball(as in high cheese), and not some bad bodily function(as in "who cut the cheese")!!!

    ReplyDelete