Friday, October 7, 2011

October 2011 Affordable Group Break - $7 for a chance at a Pujols/Ichiro RC?!

CANCELED
 
 

This month's group break is once again brought to you by the fine folks at Baseball Card Exchange.  Last month when I was selecting the boxes I noticed they had restocked some 2001 product.  I haven't been able to feature anything from that year thanks to Albert Pujols and Ichiro's RCs driving the prices upward.  However the prices for some of the 2001 product were very reasonable and I had to at least feature one box.  I'm looking forward to this break again and I hope you are too.  Keep reading for a breakdown of what we're busting along with all the rules.

2000 Topps Gallery (Hobby)
- 24 packs, 6 cards per pack
- Player's Private Issue parallels 1:20
- Gallery Exhibits 1:20
- Gallery of Heroes 1:24
- Proof Positive 1:42
- Heritage 1:12
- Heritage Proof parallels 1:24

2001 Fleer Triple Crown (Hobby)
- 24 packs, 10 cards per pack
- Possible Albert Pujols & Ichiro RCs
- Parallel sets 1:24
- Future Threats 1:7
- Crowning Achievements 1:9
- Glamour Boys 1:24
- Feel the Game 1:140
- Autographics 1:210
- Crown of Gold Memorabilia 1:240 (also HOBBY ONLY Auto'd version)

2003 Fleer Genuine (Hobby)
- 24 packs, 5 cards per pack
- Memorabilia cards 1:6!
- Tools of the Game 1:20
- Long Ball Threats 1:8
- Tools of the Game single game used 1:42
- Tools of the Game dual game used - numbered to 250
- Tools of the Game triple game used - numbered to 100
- Long Ball Threats single game used 1:13
- Long Ball Threats dual game used 1:72
- Long Ball Threats jersey patch - #d to 2002 Home Run Total
- Genuine Article Insider game jersey 1:24
- Genuine Article Insider game jersey tags hand #d to varying qty
- Autographed Insider - serially numbered - 1 per 12 box case

Originally I had planned to offer a box of 2001 Fleer Premium.  I however later found out the Pujols RC was a redemption and the last thing I wanted to do was end up possibly pulling an expired redemption card.  I hope everyone is cool w/ the 2001 Triple Crown instead.

This break will only set you back $7.00 shipped per team!  We need to fill up this break as I can't afford to eat any teams.  I will give you a $1.00 discount for each additional team if you want to claim more than one.  If we happen to get lucky and pull either a Albert Pujols or Ichiro RC the card will be randomed off to ALL participants at the end of the break.  I felt this was the best way as it would give everyone a shot at the card(s) - not just the person claiming the Cardinals or Mariners.  The more teams you claim the more chances you have landing one of the possible RCs! 

All boxes will be opened on video with a recap post to follow featuring scans of all the hits and inserts.  I also plan to throw in several bonus packs once the break has completely filled up!

The faster you pay the quicker I can have the boxes ordered and we can start the break.  To claim your team please leave a comment with your requested team(s) and then please submit your gift payment via PayPal to cardboardcollections at yahoo dot net.  Due to PayPal cracking down on gift payments PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN SUBJECT LINE OR COMMENT BOX!  I already have address for most of the "regulars", but please e-mail me your full mailing address and the team you claimed after payment is sent. 

Anaheim Angels
Arizona Diamondbacks
Atlanta Braves - Cardboard Collections
Baltimore Orioles - Ryan H (refunded)
Boston Red Sox
Chicago Cubs - Community Gum (refunded)
Chicago White Sox - cynicalbuddha (refunded)
Cincinnati Reds - jaybarkerfan (refunded)
Cleveland Indians - Jason (refunded)
Colorado Rockies - hiflew
Detroit Tigers - thesewingmachineguy (refunded)
Florida Marlins
Houston Astros - Dimwit (refunded)
Kansas City Royals - Josh D. (refunded)
Los Angeles Dodgers - jaybarkerfan (refunded)
Milwaukee Brewers - cynicalbuddha (refunded)
Minnesota Twins
Montreal Expos
New York Mets - ...Joe (refunded)
New York Yankees - The Lost Collector (refunded)
Oakland Athletics - Cardboard Collections
Philadelphia Phillies - daddyohoho (refunded)
Pittsburgh Pirates - thesewingmachineguy (refunded)
San Diego Padres - Community Gum (refunded)
San Francisco Giants - arpsmith (refunded)
Seattle Mariners - daddyohoho
St. Louis Cardinals - madding (refunded)
Tampa Bay Rays
Texas Rangers - Play at the Plate (payment sent)
Toronto Blue Jays - Robert (refunded)

21 comments:

  1. I'll go with the Yanks - haven't joined a group break in a while. Paying now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 minutes too late on the Yanks. Let me try Reds and Dodgers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sign me up for the Cardinals, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tigers and Pirates. Payment coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indians please. Love those Gallery cards. Payment on the way. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for signing up. I had to make a change to the PayPal account for payments. I inadvertently listed my personal account instead of my "blog account". Please make sure all future payments are sent to cardboardcollections at yahoo dot com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gonna jump in for the Orioles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue Jays please...thanks for the Group Break Colbey..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colbey, sorry for the delay. Payment just sent for the Giants. Thanks for another break.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will claim Seattle if still available.

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Colbey -- I would like the Royals, please. I will send payment tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No one has the Cubs yet? Let me get Cubs and Padres from you if at all possible. Will send payment now.
    --Jon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Colbey, I sent the payment later that night from my djibuti yahoo account, but I'm not marked as paid. Please let me know if it didn't go through so I can check on what happened. Thanks.
    --Jon

    ReplyDelete