Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Verse

Psalm 119:114 (NIV)

You are my refuge and shield; I have put my hope in your word.

I still can't believe 9/11 was 10 years ago today.  I remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news.  My job just about immediately sent everyone home to be with their families during the tragedy that was unfolding.  On the anniversary of this horrific event I wanted to try and find some encouraging words.  There was no shortage of scripture I could've shared, but I've limited myself to just 2 verses.

Psalm 147:3 (NIV)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

The world lost a lot of good people that day and even 10 years later there are families out there that are still hurting.  A lot of people turned towards God that day...but have are their eyes still fixated there?

I pray that today is a day of reflection and people directly or indirectly affected be on that path of healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment