Tuesday, July 22, 2014

El Oso Blanco is back in the line-up!

This week marked the return of Evan "El Oso Blanco" Gattis to the starting line-up in Atlanta.  While the Braves put up a good record in Gattis' absence, it sure is good to have his bat back in the line-up again.  Chalk it up to coincidence, but just the other day I received this card in the mail from Topps.


Beautiful, thick piece of cardboard with a nice on card autograph to boot!  I'm very happy to add this card to my Braves collection, but as I was scanning it I noticed something that Topps seems to be doing all too often.  Check out his Opening Day card below.

2014 Topps Opening Day Evan Gattis Blue #0519/2014 photo EG_zps1dbad6c0.jpg

Yes, it's the same image.  I've noticed Topps has been re-using the same photo over and over again for a lot of players across their many sets.  This just seems mighty lazy to me.  Granted both cards are beautiful and I'm glad to own them both, it would just be nice to have a different photograph on each card...especially the higher end Tier One.

No comments:

Post a Comment