Saturday, July 5, 2014

Pack Break - 2014 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Series 1


(This post got buried in my Blogger account since it was saved as a draft and never posted.  I write this post back in February!)

So Topps decided to bring back Garbage Pail Kids for another round in 2014.  Mind you I'm still not up to date with all of the new card releases with me being out of the circle for awhile.

No longer do the GPK sets have the tag line "All-New Series", replacing it 2014 Series 1.  The price tag seems to have risen at retail to $2.49 a pack.  I grabbed a $4.99 jumbo pack after seeing some of the images online.  21 cards/stickers plus a bonus card/sticker.  A quick scan of the back of the packs lists gold parallels, printing plates, SP "c" name variants, artist autos, Motion cards, Olym-picks in bronze/silver/gold varieties and Sketch cards.  There were a few that made me laugh, but some of them are just down right ugly or dumb.  Here are a few of the highlights:


Two thumbs up


Two of the cards had no name.  The small text tells you to make up your own name.  Anyone got a suggestion?



With the Winter Olympics here Topps decided to have a little fun, GPK style!


Bonus sticker


Artist Autograph!!  Seeded 1:193 packs (jumbo odds)

As cool as this card is, I don't think I'm going to keep it.  I'll gladly trade the card for just about anything else so if you're reading this and you're interested let me know, otherwise off to eBay it goes in a few days.

2 comments: