Monday, June 20, 2011

Pack Break - 2011 Topps Rising Rookies

Photobucket

Stopped by Target yesterday to spend some of the birthday money that was burning a hole in my pocket and I was surprised to see that the new Rising Rookies football cards had been released.  I grabbed one pack to see what the cards looked like in hand and I gotta say I'm somewhat impressed.

Photobucket
#61 Austin Collie
I like the look of the base cards enough that I may buy another pack or two.  I'll at least look for a Carolina Panthers team set online.

Photobucket
#53 Matt Forte

Photobucket
#84 Ndamukng Suh
Photobucket
#97 Steve Johnson

Photobucket
#FIA-DW Damian Williams - Freshman Ink Auto

This I didn't see coming!  Not sure which group this player falls under, but the lowest odds listed for these are 1:99.

Photobucket
#168 Bilal Powell RC

Photobucket
#113 Kendall Hunter RC

Photobucket
#138 D.J. Williams RC

Photobucket
#128 Colin Kaepernick RC

Photobucket
#148 Marvin Austin RC

I don't care too much for the RCs which is a shame since the focus of the set are the RCs themselves.  For Topps' first effort after reclaiming their NFL license the cards aren't that bad.  Some collector's will hate the sticker autos and my guess is most will also not care for the large white logo spot on the RCs.  Getting an auto from a single retail pack though is always a nice treat.  All of these cards are available for trade if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment