Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Big News!

Today marks the one year anniversary of my first post here on Cardboard Collections.  It all started with my first impressions of 2010 Topps baseball and exploded there after.  Thanks to everyone that has helped this blog along - whether that be by following, commenting or trading.  The first year has been a blast and I look forward to what the next year holds.

The other big piece of news trumps the one year anniversary bit.  We found out yesterday afternoon that my wife, daughter and I will be welcoming into our family another little girl!  Her name will be Winnie Mae Hopper.  Unlike our first daughter the ultrasound didn't go smooth.  This little bundle of joy was bouncing all around in the womb making it hard for the nurse to do her job!  Needless to say we are very excited about this news and can't wait for June/July to come.

10 comments:

  1. With a last name like Hopper, you didn't expect her to sit still, now did you?? Congrats to everyone, on both the 1 year deal and the new family addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and yours Colbey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, and CONGRATS! Girls are definitely a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Colbey! I hope "Winnie" is a shout out to The Wonder Years! Great name! -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of 'The Wonder Years' when I hear the name Winnie. Cute.
    Congrats on the blog, and the fam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say we got the name Winnie directly from The Wonder Years television show, but I too think of that character when I hear the name. My wife was a elementary school teacher so any name of a former student was automatically ruled out!

    ReplyDelete