Friday, August 19, 2011

I guess having an off season hurts your eBay value

Let's face it.  It was hard to be a Carolina Panthers fan in 2010.  The team's offense in particular was horrible.  Actually horrible is the best word I can use to describe the team.  There were so many things going wrong last year.  Out standout WR Steve Smith had one of his worst seasons in the NFL.

It does seem to help that Panther cards are showing up again in droves thanks in part to #1 draft pick Cam Newton.  I've run across a couple of good deals of players not named Cam.  One in particular I was super happy to score:

Photobucket  Photobucket

Look at the patch!  It's too bad you don't get to see the nice shiny Longevity sheen going on here.  I also like the fact that the black Longevity theme blends in well w/ the Panthers' team colors.  Low sequentially numbering too.  The best part of the whole deal?  The price!  $.99 baby!  I had to pay $3.00 to have the card shipped to me...which sucks.  I hate paying more than $2 or $2.25 to have a single card shipped...but I guess I can't complain to much.  $4 bucks for such a beautiful patch card is still a winning deal in my book.  I do wish Panini had used a different image for the back.

Now let's hope Steve and Cam Newton's off season practices translates into some good chemistry this season.  If that does happen I expect to see both Panini and Topps insert Steve into more of their inserts and sets.

2 comments:

  1. You should check out the Gold Team patches too. The ones numbered out of 10 have three colors and stitching and are selling for around $5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice buy, three color patches are hard to come by, especially at the price you picked it up for! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete