Sunday, April 5, 2020

2017 Honus Bonus Affordable Group Break Results

If you weren't able to join the live stream Saturday evening, here is the video of the break...


This turned out to be a pretty fun box with a good selection of players for pretty much every team. Lots of players I don't recall seeing cards of in other products from years past. Before we get to the promised 1/1 cards, let's take a look at some of the silver foil parallels.


Outside of the big checklist and cards of some players that don't often show up in other sets, the big draw to this box was the guaranteed two 1/1 Career Milestone cards. As promised we hit our two cards with the first one falling about about 10 or 12 packs in.


This Craig Kimbrel 1/1 went to Roy and I know he was excited as not only is he a Red Sox fan, but he PCs Kimbrel to boot!


We hit the last 1/1 towards the end of the box in the last few packs. Unfortunately no one claimed the Rangers so this Adrian Beltre 1/1 wasn't assigned to any one participant. However I decided to randomize this card off to one lucky participant, so I loaded up everyone's name (based on the number of teams purchased) into Random.org's list randomizer, rolled the virtual dice and went to work. Here's the video with the results. Drum roll please...


Congratulations to Dustin on winning the card!

Thanks again for everyone's support. This was the fullest break I've hosted yet and as long as people keep supporting these cheap breaks I'll keep them going. I already have several boxes in hand and lined up for future breaks, but the next box I'm really looking forward to. If you watched the video, I may have given a little hint about what what the next box is. Signups will go live in the Facebook group first on Friday, 04/10/20, then I'll post it here on the blog and announce on Twitter as well. Thanks everyone, stay safe!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting. Glad to see that silver kershaw! Congrats to Dustin on the Beltre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good break, I filled some holes in my team set. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thank you and looking forward to the next break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, two of the silver foil parallels are Mets...nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, your team did pretty well. Hey, I still don't see your payment yet for this break so please send that $2 over to me via friends & family PayPal as soon as you can - flywheels86@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. Finally got a chance to see this. The ending was a total tease! I have no idea...

    I like your idea to let people keep stacking their cards to ship at a later date. That really helps on the pricing for these lower-price products where the shipping could be such a large % of the cost for a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the tease!! Yeah, I wish I would've thought about stack cards because you're right, shipping would normally add $3-5 to the cost per break. At least this way it helps people save a little and hopefully can join in on more breaks.

      Delete
  6. Was definitely fun to watch live and always helps when you have a great pull like that. Thanks for doing the break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your continued support with the breaks!

      Delete