Monday, May 4, 2020

Pack Break: 2018-19 Upper Deck Marvel Annual


Being an avid comic book reader/collector and a trading card collector you would think I would have been all over a set let this, but somehow these Upper Deck Marvel sets have eluded my attention until recently. I ended up with two sealed packs of the 2018-19 set and eagerly ripped into both of them. Here I'll be sharing the contents of one of the 4 card packs.



As I figured the cards all hail from storylines that took place in 2018 and 2019, such as this card of The Final Host which took part in the beginning of the current volume of Avengers.



Love this Captain Marvel card. She played a big role in the somewhat recent story with the Infinity Stones coming back into our reality.



I haven't read much in the way of any of the X-Men books in years, but I did hear that the former villain, Pyro, had reformed and fought alongside the X-Men now.


This is the Comic Covers insert set and features an inset cover to the first part of the epic "No Surrender" storyline from Avengers. These gorgeous covers feature ary by none other than Mark Brooks.

After opening these two packs I instantly fell in love with the set. Unfortunately these cards can be pricey on the secondary market so I don't know if I'll ever complete the set, but now that they are on my radar I will be looking to score a set or a box if they ever come at the right price.

2 comments:

  1. The packs I found from last year's set were in a Dollar Tree. Maybe you'll luck out and find more there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize they're still printing these. I have a bunch of cards from the '90s sets, but nothing since about 1994. Nice fronts.

    ReplyDelete