Saturday, May 2, 2020

2005 Topps Rookie Cup Group Break Results



Friday evening we busted a retail box of 2005 Topps Rookie Cup. While I have a few random cards from this set in my Braves collection, I've never opened a pack or really looked into the set that much. However I got a good deal on the box and thought it would be fun to feature in one of my Affordable Group Breaks. The break filled up rather quickly so I'm guessing I chose a good product.

Part of the draw to this set was the inclusion of autographs. While the cards are sticker autos, the checklist had some good names such as Pujols, Manny Ramirez and Cal Ripken Jr. Retail boxes didn't have any guarantees as the hobby boxes did, so I wasn't sure what we'd get. For a second straight week our box defied the odds!


The 3rd pack in yielded this First Year Orange Autograph of the Orioles' Brandon Synder. These were seeded 1:232 packs and numbered to /199.


We also pulled some of the various colored parallels. Green were numbered to /199, Yellow were numbered to /299, Orange were numbered to /399 and Red were numbered to /499. Yes, the Red and Orange parallels were very tough to distinguish from the color alone.

Overall this was a great box and a lot of fun. The base design is different, but nice. The colors are a little drab, but the various parallels add a nice splash of color. I think the participants in this break had just as much fun as I did opening the box. Check back next week as we'll be opening a hobby box of 1995 Upper Deck SP.

4 comments:

  1. It was definitely a fun break. You did a good job. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really wanted to join the last couple, but the price for the Mariners has been a little too steep for me to take a chance on. I did watch most of this video though, and am now hoping that I can find a really cheap box, or at least couple of packs, someday, as it looked like it would be really fun to open.

    ReplyDelete