Thursday, June 4, 2020

Salmons, in Order



Recently Tom from The Angels, in Order requested to see my Tim Salmon collection to see if he had anything that I didn't have. As it turns out he was able to find several cards and was gracious enough to send them my way.


I wasn't really collecting in the early 2000's so there were a lot of sets that I missed out on entirely, including 2004 Topps Bazooka. I remember the late 90's Bazooka sets and always liked them. I knew the line was targeted at a different demographic than myself, but I don't care. I like what I like. This tattoo "card" is pretty cool if you ask me. Different...and I like different.


Donruss was one of the earliest brands I was exposed to and collected as a kid. 2001 Donruss has a great design (front and back) even if the little stars make the front look a little busy. I've toyed around with the idea of building this set, but if I never get around to it at least I have this Salmon.


Vintage cards, or their designs, don't hold as much weight with me as they do with other collectors and that's fine. However I always liked the look of 2003 Fleer Tradition. 


Ah, 1993 Fleer Flair. I remember seeing this set for the first time at a local card show and my jaw hitting the floor. From the individual packaging to the thickness of the cardstock to the UV gloss and gold foil...I was in love. Too bad my meager card collecting budget in 1993 didn't allow me to buy much of the stuff. I was pretty surprised that I didn't already have this Salmon.

A huge shout out to Tom for sending these my way. In my book Tim is the original "fish" of the Angels.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you liked them, I'm already starting another stack of Salmon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool cards. Love the unis the Angels wore on that 2001 Donruss. I've always liked Tim Salmon and he was a. Seeing these makes me think he's gonna be agein. Yep done. Thanks for sharing. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1993 Flair is such a gorgeous set. And the whole pack inside of a box inside of another box was unique. Never understood why this wasn't up there in popularity with Finest, but I guess it wasn't quite on the same level in regards of scarcity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it took a few years before I really noticed Finest...at least the baseball variety. Flair I immediately noticed!

      Delete
  4. I keep mixing your Salmon collection up with the Tim Wallach guy. I pulled a few Salmons, but they are easy ones so you probably don't need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is my complete Salmon collection
      https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3l4RrguOByUwHKTllPb9rm7p6D1M6EYLPssTrXDhVA/edit?usp=sharing

      Delete