Friday, October 19, 2012

SEGA!

When the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Braves my collecting season kinda ended.  I've only bought 2 packs of Update.  I was turned off when I saw that retail packs of Bowman Chrome were $3 and some change and only had 3 cards per pack.  I'm questioning if I even want to set build future releases.  Money is tight.  I have mountains of cards to catalog and scan.  I'm I on the edge of burn out?

All is not lost though.  I still get a thrill out of adding new cards to my player and team collections, especially odd ball cards.  Take these for instance.

Photobucket   Photobucket

I ran across a seller in Japan that had a lot of these 2012 Topps Sega Card-Gen cards during a search for Tim Hudson.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the Hudson card I really wanted (or Chipper), but I did pick up this Francoeur and a few Braves.  I have no idea what these cards were for, but with the Sega cross branding I'm guessing these were video game related some how.


I love how Jose Constanza got a card in this set.  As I mentioned earlier the seller had just about every card for every team.  Apparently it's a big set.  Wish I knew more about these.  The only thing I could find was this Japanese website.  I guess for now I'll just enjoy my latest 4 pick ups.

4 comments:

  1. I picked up the Sizemore, likely from the same seller. I was really impressed with the fast shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a seller in Tokyo who has these starting at 80 yen each, with older issues (the set started in 2010 I think) a bit cheaper. Players with more stars on the front are worth more as they are better in the game, but I can head that way again sometime and pick up whatever you folks want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ryan, if you can get me the Tim Hudson and Chipper Jones cards from this Sega set that would be AWESOME! I'll gladly pay you whatever they cost shipped.

      Delete
  3. These are awesome! I checked eBay... he hasn't relisted any :-( When he does, I'd love to track down the Kurt Suzuki.

    ReplyDelete