Friday, April 6, 2012

April 2012 Affordable Group Break - Sign Ups Open!

 

I realize that everyone likes to get the most bang for their collecting dollar these days.  For some that means getting the largest stack of cards.  For others it means having a better chance at landing a hit for your team.  I try to select different types and years of cards to appeal to as many as I can.  Sometimes I hit pay dirt while other times I hit a foul ball or completely strike out.  That said 2 of the 3 boxes this month will give us guaranteed hits.  6 hits to be exact!  Once again I want to thank Steve and his staff @ the Baseball Card Exchange for sponsoring this break.

1999 Skybox Thunder (Hobby)
36 packs
- Rave parallels
- Super Rave parallels (serially numbered)
- Hip-No-Tized inserts

2003 Fleer Double Header (Hobby)
20 packs
- Game-Used cards 1:10 packs
- Keystone Combinations 1:10 packs
- Let's Play, Too! 1:5 packs
- Twin Bill 1:20 packs

2003 Fleer Genuine (Hobby)
24 packs
- Game-Used cards 1:6 packs
- Genuine Inside Article game-used 1:24 packs
- Genuine Reflections (serially numbered)
- Long Ball Threats 1:8 packs (game-used: single 1:13, dual 1:72)
- Tools of the Game 1:20 packs (game-used 1:42)

In an effort to make sure the entire break is filled up we'll be going with the format of choose your first team and the 2nd team will be randomly assigned.  After all the teams have been claimed/assigned, all team trading must occur before the start of the break and I must be informed.  Just make sure that you let me know so you get the correct cards.

Each slot will be $9.00 shipped.  After all 15 slots are filled the unclaimed teams will then be randomized and assigned to each participant.
The faster you pay the quicker I can have the boxes ordered and we can start the break.  To claim your team please leave a comment with your requested team(s) and then please submit your gift payment via PayPal to cardboardcollections at yahoo.comAfter you have sent your payment please e-mail me your full mailing address, screen name and the team(s) you claimed.

01) Atlanta Braves (Cardboard Collections) (PAID)
02) New York Yankees (The Dutch Card Guy) (PAID)
03) San Francisco Giants (arpsmith) (PAID)
04) Texas Rangers (aj245) (PAID)
05) Chicago White Sox (cynicalbuddha) (PAID)
06) Colorado Rockies (hiflew) (PAID)
07) Philadelphia Phillies (arfmax) (PAID) 
08) Houston Astros (jaybarkerfan) (PAID)
09) Boston Red Sox (jaybarkerfan) (PAID)
10) New York Mets (jaybarkerfan) (PAID)
11) Cleveland Indians (Jason) (PAID)
12) Cincinnati Reds (FanOfReds) (PAID)
13) Seattle Mariners (FanOfReds) (PAID)
14) St. Louis Cardinals (IkesCards) (PAID)
15) Oakland Athletics (Cardboard Collections) (PAID)

12 comments:

  1. Hey I am in for the rangers, and payment was sent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Colbey,
    I'm going to go in for the White Sox this round and hopefully trade for the Brew Crew. Hard to pass up the Big Hurt Goodness. You'll have payment in a monment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the team set for Genuine, but I have nothing for the other two. I'll go ahead and hop in with the Rockies. PLEASE DON'T RANDOM ME THE D-BACKS THIS TIME!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take the Phillies, please

    ReplyDelete
  5. pimped the break a little for you, just for the 3 or so readers that visit my blog on a random day :-) !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indians please. Missed this the first time you posted it. Sending payment shortly. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd do the Reds for sure and the Mariners I guess. If you need help with the last two spots, I might be willing to jump in for a few other teams. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete