Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Steve Smith re-signs with Carolina through 2015 & a SMG sighting!

Earlier today it was reported that wide receiver Steve Smith has re-signed with the Carolina Panthers through 2015 with an option for 2016.  Steve Smith holds just about every team receiving record and has been the heart and soul of the team...even if he has let his anger get the best of him a time or two.  I'm sure having Cam Newton as the starting QB influenced his decision to stay in town and hopefully retire as a Panther.

Speaking of Steve a few weeks back I got a package in the mail from the sewingmachineguy.  In the past we've routinely exchanged cards with each other, but I was expecting anything from him so I was already surprised.  That surprised turned into glee when this card slid out of the bubble mailer.

2010 Topps Magic Steve Smith #195 (25/25)
2010 Topps Magic jersey (25/25)

I love this set.  2010 Magic was the first football set I wanted to build.  I stayed away from the relics because of their low numbering and high price, but the art on the base cards is just beautiful.  I knew that the sewingmachineguy had been breaking up parts of his collection to sell, but no way did I expect him to send me this card.  I know he could've sold this on eBay and it probably would've fetched a nice amount so I can't think him enough for his generosity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment