Thursday, January 27, 2011

Trades Galore!

Wow, a lot has been happening over the last week and I've got stacks and stacks of cards laying around my laptop and printer/scanner.  I'm trying my best not to let things get behind too much, but it seems every day brings more and more mail with great new cards!

You'll have to forgive my shoddy recent memory but reader Johnny Robinson sent me a small stack of cards for my PCs featuring Franco, Glavine, Justice, Puckett, Smoltz as well as some random Atlanta Braves.  Down at the bottom of the stack however was this really nice patch card of Ichiro from 2008 Topps!

Photobucket

I have never seen a card like this so this was a really nice surprise.  Thank you Johnny!

Sewingmachineguy e-mailed me last week letting me know he could help me out with some of the cards from my Goodwin Champions want list.  He sent me 38 cards in total.  If it weren't for those stupid SPs I may actually be able to finish off this set before 2012 rolls around!  Thank you for helping me out with this awesome, yet frustrating set.

And finally (can I start a sentence w/ and?) Rhubard Runner from e rayhahn, rayhahn inquired about some random Twins he found on my trade list.  He asked me if my want lists was current and a few days later e-mailed with me several inserts off my 2010 Topps want list.

Photobucket

I believe my favorites are the 'Yo Mamma' cards - esp. the Gwynn.  Still looking for the real version of that card for my small PC.

Finally BA Benny from BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet and I worked out a trade for a Luis Castillo autograph card I had posted from a recent box break.  He offered me up a Sean Casey jersey card from Topps Opening Day.  The odds on pulling anything good from any Opening Day product isn't very consumer friendly so we traded and now I can add the card to my PC.

Photobucket

He also threw in some Atlanta Braves for me and to my surprise a few packs work of WWE Heritage cards.  I have seen a few of these cards online before, but I wasn't buying cards at the time those were released so finding them in the stack was really cool.  Thanks Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment