Friday, January 28, 2011

D.J. Augustin

I've been watching a fair share of Charlotte Bobcats games since the NFL's regular season came to an end and one thing that has stood out to me has been D.J. Augustin's performance at point guard.  Originally hailing from North Carolina I naturally watch a lot of college basketball, esp. ACC.  While I'm not necessarily a UNC Tarheels fan (NC State Wolfpack baby!) I wasn't sure what to think when the Bobcats let Raymond Felton leave and sign w/ the Knicks.

Now I'm beginning to see what Jordan and his staff didn't freak out over Raymond leaving.  They knew that D.J. was going to be the point guard they needed him to be.  It's been a lot of fun watching him play and that resulted in me searching for some of his cards.  I've been away from the basketball card scene for quite awhile so unless I've read about something on someone else's blog I don't really know what is out there.

Photobucket

One of the first cards I ran across was a beautiful orange refractor version of his 08-09 Topps Chrome RC.  The orange fits well w/ the Bobcats' team colors and the card is numbered 140/499.

I also searched to see if I could find any affordable autograph cards of his and I found 2 for less than $3 bucks each!

Photobucket  Photobucket

On the left is a 09-10 Upper Deck Sophomore Sensations autograph and on the right is a 10-11 Panini Timeless Treasures #'d 84/99.  Even both cards are sticker autos they are very nice.  I do have to say that D.J.'s signature is rather plain and simple when compared to other athletes.

Photobucket

I believe this is my favorite card of the bunch however.  09-10 Panini Certified #'d 11/25.  I love the large embedded orange jersey piece.  I've been really impressed with the basketball cards Panini has been releasing.  They keep making beautiful cards like this and I'll continue to track them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment